Dubai is the leading business gateway and growth platform in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, filling the time-zone gap in an economic corridor with a GDP of more than $8 Trillion, with Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) connecting the leading global financial centres of the East and West.
Business and trade gateway
MEASA combined GDP.
population reachable within 4-hour flight.
#4 Busiest airport
in the world*.
70% of Fortune 500
companies with presence in the region have their head office in Dubai.
Best place to work and live
of doing business in MENA
3rd Best city globally
for expats to live in.
with local culture.
Golden Visa program
for top qualified talent.
FOUR reasons why DIFC is the perfect hub for hedge funds
Gateway to growth
- DIFC is home to more than 31,000 professionals working in over 3,700+ active registered firms.
- Over 540+ financial regulated firms.
- DIFC Authority provides an independent legal framework and world-class business infrastructure.
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) regulates all financial services activities carried out at DIFC.
- DIFC Courts administer an independent English-language common law judiciary.
A financial free zone
- 100% foreign ownership.
- Independent judicial system based on English Common Law.
- No restrictions on capital repatriation.
- State-of-the-art business and lifestyle destination.
- Largest FinTech and Innovation Hub in MENA.
- Top restaurants, art galleries and events.
- 15-minute drive from Dubai International Airport with two metro connections.
SET UP AND MANAGE YOUR HEDGE FUND AT DIFC
DIFC offers efficient management and support for Hedge Funds
- Flexibility of legal structures and product offering for fast expansion into Dubai (e.g. Rep Office).
Option to set up a non-regulated entity to conduct market/investment research and expand time-zone coverage.
Availability of Prescribed Company (PC i.e. SPV) legal structure for structuring deals & investments.
Attractiveness of location to hire and retain top management talent to run regional operations or establish regional innovation/R&D centres.
Access to the region’s largest knowledge & services hub (law, consultants, compliance, finance, administration, tax, etc.) to accelerate growth.