Consultation Papers of Proposed Regulations
The Dubai International Financial Centre Authority ("DIFC Authority") may issue regulations and submit proposed laws to the President, under Articles 6(4)(c) - (e) of the DIFC Law, No 9 of 2004(the "Law") that fall within the jurisdiction of the DIFC Authority.
The Law requires the DIFC Authority to undertake a process of public consultation on such draft legislation. This involves publishing a consultation paper containing the proposed draft legislation, accompanied by explanatory text and a statement of the substance and purpose of the material provisions of the draft legislation.
The DIFC Authority will publish all consultation papers under this section. Any previous consultation papers can be viewed under past consultation papers. The DIFC Authority values all comments received on draft legislation and will endeavour to take all comments received into account when issuing legislation.
The Following Legislative Proposals Have Been Posted For 30 Days Of Public Consultation.
Intellectual Property Law
- Consultation Paper No. 1, March 2019
- the Proposed Law (at Annex A)
- a table of comments to provide your views and comments on the consultation paper (Annex B)
Financial Collateral Regulations and Security Regulations
- Consultation Paper No. 2, March 2019
- the Proposed Financial Collateral Regulations (at Annex A);
- the Proposed Security Regulations(at Annex B)
- the Current Regulations (Annex C)
- a comparison of the Current Regulations and the Proposed Financial Collateral Regulations (at Annex D)
- a comparison of the Current Regulations and the Proposed Security Regulations (at Annex E)
- a table of comments to provide your views and comments on the consultation paper (at Annex F).
The deadline for providing comments on the proposal is by close of business on 17 April 2019. Comments using the table of comments provided should be addressed to email@example.com.