Global Financial Forum
The Global Financial Forum 2019 will gather key financial services stakeholders including senior regulators and policy makers, economists, and leaders from global and regional banks, asset and wealth management firms, private equity, FinTech and more. They will discuss next steps to build on the opportunities opening up in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, and the potential emerging from China’s Belt and Road initiative. The speakers will highlight the major growth sectors that are rich with possibility, and strategise on how to reposition, not only to leverage Dubai’s gateway location, but to also adapt to new competitors, regulations and technological developments.
- Expert analysis from global economists on the macro and geo-economic outlook
- Strategic insights from leaders in the world of finance, investment, fund management and more on how they are evolving their business models against a background of new technologies, competition and regulation
- Debate and discussion on how to harness Dubai’s growing role as a strategic centre for China, India and other high potential emerging economies
- Unrivalled networking with decision makers from across the financial ecosystem
Join us at this comprehensive forum and benefit from:
- Perspectives from finance industry leaders on driving growth in today’s global economy
- Strategies to successfully expand into the new markets of the MEASA region
- Insights on growth opportunities in banking, wealth and asset management, FinTech and more
- Debate on the factors shaping the future, including competition, innovative technologies and regulation
The Global Financial Forum will be chaired by distinguished FT journalists. The programme will feature keynote contributions, onstage interviews and insightful panels with senior regulators and policy makers, CEO, CIOs, Economists and sector heads from major international and regional banks, asset and wealth management firms, private equity funds, FinTech, advisory firms and more.
Organised by DIFC
The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is one of the world’s top ten financial centres, and the leading financial hub for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. The Centre provides a world-class platform connecting the region’s markets with the economies of Europe, Asia and the Americas and facilitates growth in South-South trade and investment. An onshore, international financial centre, DIFC offers a stable, mature and secure base for financial institutions to develop their wholesale businesses.
Presented by FT
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. In 2016 the FT passed a significant milestone in its digital transformation as digital and services revenues overtook print revenues for the first time. The FT has a combined paid print and digital circulation of more than 910,000 and makes 60% of revenues from its journalism.
Dubai has a reputation for being a visionary city; a first-mover that shapes its own destiny. The spirit of possible and wise foresight of its leaders have been hallmarks of Dubai’s economic progress over the past decades. And what once was a tranquil town has rapidly grown into a premier leisure and business tourism destination, becoming the record-breaking and innovative city it is today - the crossroads of opportunity.
The Global Financial Forum will take place at the Madinat Jumeirah, Al Sufouh Road, Dubai, UAE, located 15 minutes from the DIFC and 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport.