2018 Evacuation Drill ScheduleAnnouncement 20 Sep 2018 09:00 am
In line with our commitment to the health and safety of our clients and community, DIFC will be conducting fire drills for the year 2018.
The objectives of the drills are to:
- Identify any weaknesses in the current evacuation strategy.
- Familiarise new occupants with the evacuation procedure.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of occupants’ abilities to evacuate the building.
- Evaluate occupants’ ability to recognise the fire alarm and determine whether they take appropriate action upon hearing/seeing the fire alarm.
- Ensure occupants report at the designated Assembly Point.
Fire alarms for the respective buildings in the Gate Village and Gate District will be activated any time between 8:00am and 4:00pm according to the schedule below.
Please note that all individuals based in the DIFC are required to participate in the fire evacuation drills, where they will be guided by their respective Emergency Coordinators.
All occupants are requested to familiarise themselves with evacuation routes, fire assembly points and their respective Emergency Coordinators prior to the drill.
Building occupants should evacuate the building only by using the stairs, as the use of elevators is not permitted during the drill and proceed to the fire assembly points.
A headcount must be taken by the Emergency Coordinators at the assembly point. Participants are requested to refrain from smoking during this time.
All Emergency Coordinators are encouraged to provide their feedback about the drill to the fire drill coordinators.
Fire Drill Coordinator Contact:
Edgardo Jovero (HSE Officer)
Tel: +971 4 203 8111
Mob: +971 50 160 2094
We thank you for your co-operation.