DIFC Government Services UpdatesAnnouncement31 Oct 2017 10:52 am
The DIFC Government Services Office (GSO) would like to inform you of the following updates:
1. Effective Wednesday, 1 November 2017, all Employment Visa related applications will be processed through E-GDRFA, the new visa application system introduced by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
Below are the changes to the current visa application process, with regards to switching to the new E-GDRFA system
- Online Entry Permit will be available on the Client Portal once it is issued by the GDRFA, which can be printed and sent to applicants in order to enter the UAE
- A Medical Test and Emirates ID registration will be required along with the transfer from one DIFC entity to another DIFC entity. The applicant will be provided with a visa valid for three years under the new company.
- The applicant’s original passport and Emirates ID are not required at the time of Employment Visa cancellation. Confirmation of Employment Visa cancellation will be available in the DIFC Client Portal upon completion of the cancellation process.
- The applicant’s personal details cannot be amended when renewing the Employment Visa or during the transfer of visa from one passport to another. A separate application for ‘Visa Amendment’ is required in order to change personal details, such as designation.
2. Companies are entitled to apply for a Secondment Permit even if the applicant’s Employment Visa is not valid until the requested duration of the Secondment Permit, given that the company will ensure renewal of the Employment Visa upon expiry. The Secondment Permit will be considered invalid if the Employment Visa is not renewed on time. The Secondment Permit can be applied for a duration of three months, six months or one year, which are renewable upon expiry.
3. Citizens of China, Russia, and the Seychelles will be granted visa on arrival to the UAE.
4. All certificates submitted along with the visa applications should be either in English or Arabic. Certificates in any other language will need to be legally translated into Arabic. Translation into English will not be accepted.
5. Service Fees have been revised based on the fee revision by the GDRFA and in line with industry standards, effective 1 November 2017. The new fee list can be accessed by clicking here.
For any enquiries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 362 2222.