Government Services UpdatesAnnouncement 20 Nov 2017 09:00 am
The DIFC Government Services Office (GSO) would like to inform you of the following updates:
- A valid insurance certificate issued by an Insurance provider, approved by Dubai Health Authority, is now a mandatory requirement for the submission and renewal of Employment and Dependent Visa Applications. A list of approved Insurance Providers can be accessed here.
- New Visa Applications: Applicants should collect the required documents from the GSO after completing their medical fitness test. The completed documents should be submitted to the GSO once insurance registration has been completed.
- Visa Renewal: The insurance certificate or copy of insurance card should be uploaded along with renewal applications.
- The applicant’s original passport will be required for the cancellation of employment or dependent visa if the applicant has been out of the UAE for less than six months and the visa is valid.
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) will no longer issue a physical establishment card at the time of renewal. A soft copy of the card can be downloaded from the Client Portalonce the renewal is processed.
- A DIFC Employee card will be provided at no additional cost, when availing the ‘Change of Personal Details – Occupation’ and ‘Change of Nationality’ services.
- Applicants who transfer the visa from one passport to another due to change of nationality, should visit the nearest Emirates ID office in order to reflect this change in their Emirates ID, after collecting the passport from the GSO.
- The applicant’s original passport is no longer required for an on-arrival visit visa extension.
- Submission for new applications for, and the renewal of, temporary work permits will not be accepted if the applicant already holds a valid work permit. Applications for renewal can only be submitted after expiry of the temporary work permit. The applicant’s passport should be valid for more than six months to apply for temporary work permit.
- Visit visa quota added to the company establishment card needs to renewed annually. A fee of AED 200 for each category (short term and long term) will be charged upon renewal of the establishment card if the company has added the visit visa to the establishment card
- Service Fees for the below services have been revised based on the fee revision by the GDRFA, effective 21 November 2017.