The DIFC views sponsorship and events as ways to reinforce its position as the leading financial hub for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region. Sponsorship and events allow the DIFC to deepen relationships with clients, decision makers and the community.
You’ll find details of our recent and forthcoming sponsorships here.
Dubai World Insurance Congress
Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is proud to co-host the Dubai World Insurance Congress (DWIC). As the leading financial hub for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region, DIFC is well placed to host the congress. The Centre provides a world-class platform that connects the region’s markets with the economies of Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The DWIC is where the (re)insurance markets meet.
Designed to deliver unrivalled networking, business and thought leadership opportunities for more than 400 senior insurance executives, DWIC incorporates:
- The Business Symposium - a morning of inspirational presentations delivered by international thought leaders including Inga Beale, chief executive officer, Lloyd’s and Dennis Mahoney, chief executive officer, RFIB
- Global Insurtech - a half day forum exploring the future of insurance with insights from international experts including Dan Cobley, former managing director, Google UK and Matteo Carbone, founder, Connected Insurance Observatory and #1 on the Top 50 Global InsurTech Influencer ranking
- The Meeting Hub and Cafe - a dedicated networking area where attendees can meet, network and do business
- Innovation Labs – a series of inspiring lectures showcasing new thinking in insurance.
You can find more information at www.dubaiwic.com
IIF MENA Financial Summit
The DIFC has a long standing relationship with The Institute of International Finance (IIF) and is pleased to host the 2017 IIF MENA Financial Summit.
Both organisations share a commitment to support the development of the financial industry and many of the DIFC’s clients are active members of the IIF - the global association of the financial industry with almost 500 members in more than 70 countries headquartered in Washington, D.C. Members of the IIF participate in regulatory and policy initiatives, join global and regional meetings, and access a range of analytical products from IIF staff experts. Members benefit from the IIF by support of the prudent management of risks; development of sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial and economic policies. These are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
At the 2017 IIF MENA Financial Summit, private sector leaders and policymakers from across the MENA Region and global market participants active in MENA will gather in Dubai to discuss challenges and opportunities for this important and dynamic region of the world.
Attendance to the Summit is by invitation only from the IIF.
World Takaful Conference
Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is pleased to be a strategic partner to the World Takaful Conference (WTC) 2017, the leading global forum for Takaful that has played an instrumental role in the development of the industry for more than a decade by facilitating thought-provoking discussions, producing quality research and generating actionable insights.
The DIFC is home to a number of companies who provide Islamic Finance and is committed to the development of this sector and although still at a nascent stage of development, the Takaful industry has witnessed rapid growth over the past seven years with its total assets doubling in the last five years. As the industry navigates through the complex global insurance landscape, there is a greater need for its leaders to share insights and deliberate on new strategies to help it grow beyond is niche status.
WTC serves as a platform to facilitate idea-sharing among industry leaders gathered from diverse parts of the world ranging from key markets for Takaful such as the GCC and South East Asia to emerging markets such as Africa and Europe. The 12th edition of the conference will centre around the theme of “Stability, Authenticity & Technological Transformation” and will feature:
- The exclusive launch of the World Takaful Report 2017
- InsurTech Integrated – a one-day dedicated stream focused on the impact of disruptive technologies on the Takaful industry
- Live polling on key issues gravitating around Takaful
- A dedicated WTC exhibition
- An interactive digital experience powered by the MegaConnect application
- Host of plenary sessions with industry leaders, regulators, economists, and technology gurus
WTC will take place on 11 and 12 April at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Dubai with registration taking place through the World Takaful Conference website.