Prescribed Company Structures.
Establishing a non-financial company in DIFC.
Unlock the benefits of DIFC Prescribed Company Structures, a unique and attractive regime.
A Prescribed Company is a private company which can be established by a Qualifying Applicant or for a Qualifying Purpose pursuant to the DIFC Prescribed Company Regulations.
In the case that the Prescribed Company is established by a Qualifying Applicant, it could be used for the activities of a Holding Company, Managing Office and / or Proprietary Investment. However, in the case that the PC is established for a Qualifying Purpose, the activity would have to reflect the selected purpose from the table above.
- DIFC registered entity
- Affiliate of a DIFC registered entity
- Shareholder or an ultimate beneficial owner that controls a DIFC registered entity
- Authorised firm
- UAE government entity
- Family-operated business
- Aviation structure
- Maritime structure
- Intellectual property structure
- Structured financing
- Crowd funding structure
- DIFC holding structure (Entity established for the sole purpose of owning DIFC entity)
- Innovation holding structure
Reasons for establishing a Prescribed Company in DIFC:
- Fast track application process: A Prescribed Company is exempted from auditing and filling accounts with DIFC Registrar of Companies.
- Low-cost incorporation fees: USD100 application fee (one time) and an annual commercial license fee of USD1,000.
- Flexible office requirements: A Prescribed Company has flexible office requirements as it can have its own DIFC office space, share office space with its Qualifying Applicant or appoint a corporate service provider in the DIFC for their registered address services.
- Residency Visas: May issue visas in the case that the PC or its affiliate has an office in the DIFC.