In 2005, DIFC enacted the Law of Security, DIFC Law No. 8 of 2005 (the “Law”), and subsequent Security Regulations and Financial Collateral Regulations in 2019 (the “Regulations”, and together, the “DIFC Security Law and Regulations”).
The DIFC Security Law and Regulations are administered by the Registrar of Security (“ROS” or “Registrar”). The DIFC Security Law and Regulations provide the Registrar with functions and powers to support any secured party that has entered into a security agreement with a debtor, and who wishes to perfect their security interest(s) accordingly or undertake other permitted filings, including the amendment of a security filing, terminating a security filing, and searching the security register.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Registrar is not able to confirm or provide legal advice about the accuracy or validity of a security filing – this can only be determined by the court. The ROS office is a registration office only.
The forms are now available on the DIFC Client Portal and should be submitted online. The ROS office will no longer receive applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The client portal user guide is available here.
Register new security with Registrar.
Amend, partially delete, or terminate a security filing.
Submit a request to search the security register.
Related laws and regulations
- What is the process for registering security with the Registrar?
- What are the fees for registering security with the Registrar?
- How can the fees be paid?
- What type of security agreement will the Registrar accept?
- Is it mandatory for security provided by a DIFC entity to be registered with the ROS?
- Does the Registrar register security over assets that are located outside the DIFC?
- Will the Registrar accept a security filing where the secured party or the debtor or both are non-DIFC entities?
- What is the procedure for filing an amendment to a Security Filing?
- How do I delete or terminate a Security Filing?
- How long is a Security filed with the Registrar valid for?
- How do I continue a Security filing?
- Is the ROS Security Register Public?
- How do I do a search of the Security Register?