DIFC building controls NOC for third-party buildings
All third-party buildings within the DIFC require approvals and NoCs prior to approaching Dubai Development Authority (DDA) and before commencing work on their premises including commercial, residential and retail units.
Building management, unit owner, tenant, and appointed consultant/contractor may submit their application using the form and link below.
NOC applications are subject to review and approval. All necessary documents along with the completed form as per the application type must be submitted. Incomplete details or documents will lead to a delay in the approval process. Upon submission of all relevant documents, please allow at least one working day for DIFC to do the initial review and respond. Any request that comes after 3pm GST will be addressed on the following day.
NOC application type:
- Building Fit-Out Work
- Additional External Seating
- Change of Use
- External Works
- Extra GFA
- Subdivision - Leasing Only
- Wayfinding & Signage
- Streets & Public Realm
Please note that the maximum processing time is five working days. Once approved, the e-NOC will be sent to the applicant’s registered email address.
You may submit an application for the NOC by completing the online form, paying the application fee and attaching the relevant documents where applicable:
Please click here for NOC application
List of documents required:
- DIFC commercial license
- DIFC title deed
- Table of measurements for subdivision
- An A3-size architectural drawing of the fit-out, showing the existing as well as the proposed plans to be stamped by the building FM/body corporate/owner and the existing (approved) strata plan. The proposed leasing plan for subdivision should be stamped by the building FM/body corporate/owner. The existing and proposed drawings stamped by the building management are required for all types of NOC applications.
- Contractor's proof of registration with DDA (an email confirming the registration issued by DDA to the appointed contractor).
- Trade licence of the appointed contractor.
- Other documents that may be required during the review process
(All the letters mentioned below should be current dated and addressed to Mr. Tarek Kelani – Assistant Vice President, Project Management at DIFC Property Development)
- NOC request letter from the tenant
- NOC request letter from the unit owner
- NOC request letter from the building management
- Undertaking letter (for subdivision) from the unit owner
Application fees register:
|Application Type||Policy Code||Notes||Application Fee||5% VAT||*Total Fee|
|Building Fit-Out Work||FTW||AED 3,000||AED 150||AED 3,150|
|Additional External Seating||AES||an annual rate is applicable for the use of the additional area required||AED 3,000||AED 150||AED 3,150|
|Change of Use||CHU||AED 30,000||AED 1,500||AED 31,500|
|External Works||EXW||AED 5,000||AED 250||AED 5,250|
|Extra GFA||XGFA||a purchase rate is applicable for the additional area required||AED 30,000||AED 1,500||AED 31,500|
|Subdivision - Leasing Only||SBDV||AED 3,000||AED 150||AED 3,150|
|Wayfinding & Signage||WYS||AED 3,000||AED 150||AED 3,150|
|Advertisement||ADV||an annual rate is applicable for the use of the additional area required||AED 5,000||AED 250||AED 5,250|
|Streets & Public Realm||STS||AED 5,000||AED 250||AED 5,250|