Events NOC – DIFC Master Community.
Events NOC is DIFC’s web platform for third parties and external stakeholders who require a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from DIFC to host events in its master community areas and third-party buildings.
The platform streamlines event permit procedures by offering a registration and approval gateway for all types of events, including public, private, invitational, commercial and social, among others.
The aim of this platform is to guide end users seeking permits in DIFC and at the same time, record and keep the necessary event details for continuous improvement, planning and management.
N.B: for hosting events in DIFC-owned buildings – Gate District, Gate Village and Gate Avenue – please apply for NOC at email@example.com
Event NOC – DIFC Master Community application requirements.
Before applying for the NOC here, please ensure that the following relevant approvals have been obtained.
1. Building Management/Body Corporate NOC: This is a mandatory requirement for every event.
2. Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) permit
a) General approval – DET Permit
Formerly known as Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM). This is a mandatory requirement for every event. The permit can be obtained by applying on the DET e-permit system. After which, a notification will be sent to Specialty Leasing, DIFC Authority for approval. The e-permit user guide can be accessed here.
b) Entertainment Activities – DET Permit
The link above also applies to hosting entertainment activities and can be accessed here.
Additionally, for an event that requires tickets/registration, the DIFC Authority issues the permit from the system, which can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. After which, the event planner can apply to the DET ticketing system. After the successful submission, the DET will share the barcode with the ticket seller to start selling the tickets online. Please find the e-ticketing user guide here.
3. DIFC Property Development Department (DIFC PDD) NOCs DIFC PDD NOCs are required whenever the planned event involves the following:
a) Fit-out works
c) Civil and Structural Works
d) External Areas
e) Wayfinding, signage or banners
f) Streets and Public Realm
To obtain the NOCs, apply to the DIFC Property Development Department (DIFC PDD) at email@example.com.
4. Dubai Development Authority (DDA) NOC: DIFC PDD NOCs will provide further guidance on the requirements of the DDA NOC.
5. DIFC Commercial Permission/Licence: This is needed for commercial events, such as trade and sale of goods, held by external parties in third-party buildings. For the permission/licence, send the event details and business activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Photoshoot Permit - DIFC Marketing: In case of a photoshoot during the event, the permit needs to be obtained from DIFC Marketing here.
7. Filming Permit – DIFC Marketing: In case of filming during the event, the permit needs to be obtained from DIFC Marketing here.
8. Alcohol Permit – DIFC and Dubai Police: For any event that involves alcohol consumption, DIFC Authority will issue an NOC for the event organiser, who can then approach Dubai Police for a permit. Apply for the DIFC NOC at email@example.com.
9. Food and Shisha Permit - Dubai Municipality (DM): To host a food festival or for serving shisha at an event, a permit from Dubai Municipality is needed.
10. Drone Permit- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA): In case of drones being used during the event, DCAA permit is required.
11. Dubai Civil Defense (DCD) Permit: DCD permits are required whenever the planned event involves the following:
a) Big events – (DDA might request DCD permit)
c) Gas Utilisation
12. Other authorities/entities permit: Wherever applicable
- The cost of external NOCs can be obtained from the relevant authorities when applying.
The cost of DIFC NOCs can be obtained from the relevant DIFC Departments when applying.
For an NOC for an event, please click here.